(starting fee for 1st time DUI)
Easy Payment Plans
DUI Defense Lawyer
Don’t risk your license or freedom! Our Orange County DUI Attorneys fight for YOU!
Orange County consists of the cities of Anaheim, Santa Ana, Yorba Linda, Lake Forest, Fullerton, Dana Point, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach and Mission Viejo among nearly 30 other municipalities. It is the sixth most populous county in the US with 3 million residents. As you might expect of a major metropolitan area with numerous suburbs, it has a substantial number of DUI arrests. Thousands of people are arrested for DUI in Orange County each year and over 80% end up with a conviction.
DUI lawyers from our legal group provide substantial services to our DUI clients. Besides representing you at the DMV hearing, we will be your counsel at all stages of your criminal proceeding and vigorously present any reasonable defenses on your behalf. We talk to witnesses, cross-examine police officers and lab technicians, offer our own expert witnesses on breathalyzer and blood testing and other medical reasons for high BAC test results. If necessary, we will try your case or negotiate a reasonable disposition for you. In any event, you will be ensured that your rights are protected and that you understand each step.
You must promptly contact one of our OC DUI lawyers from the Orange County DUI Attorney Group if you have been arrested and face DUI charges. The consequences of a conviction can be substantial so legal representation is essential. Please call TOLL FREE (888) 754-9860.
Managing Attorney / Owner
|Years Experience||Happy Clients|
DUI Charges and Penalties
If you were stopped and arrested for DUI, you typically face one or both of the following charges under California law:
- Driving with a BAC (blood alcohol concentration) of 0.08%-CVC Section 23152(b)
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs—CVC Section 23152(a)
If you are charged with a DUI, do not assume that you have to accept the consequences without a fight. Consider what a first time DUI conviction entails:
- Probable jail time of 2 to 4 days or community service in some cases
- Jail or state prison time if you had an accident that injured or killed someone
- Fine of $1500 to over $2000
- License suspension for 6 months or one year if BAC testing was refused
- Installation of an ignition interlock system in your car
- Mandatory participation in a 3-month DUI class or 9 months if testing was refused or aggravating circumstances were present
- Summary probation for 3 years
- Substantial effect on insurance
If there are aggravating circumstances such as driving 20 mph over the limit, presence of a child 14 or under in your car, your BAC was 0.15%, you injured or killed someone in an accident, or you have multiple prior DUI charges, you face likely jail time or state prison time if a felony. Also, you could lose your driver’s license for more than a year without the opportunity for a restricted license.
A first-time DUI can cost you $10,000 or more in legal fees, fines, court and DMV costs and increased insurance costs. Consult with a DUI lawyer from the Orange County DUI Attorney Group if you were arrested for a DUI.
What to Do if Arrested
You do not have to provide evidence that might incriminate you. You have certain rights if suspected of impaired driving. At the scene of your traffic stop by an officer, your rights include:
- Declining to answer any questions other than providing the necessary identification and insurance
- Declining to perform any FST or field sobriety test
- Declining to take the PBT or portable breath test
- Being advised you may take a blood or breath test
- Being given a chance to take a blood test after taking the breathalyzer
Police and staff must follow certain steps or protocol. They must have a valid reason to stop your car and have probable cause to arrest you, which means being able to show objective circumstances that led a police officer to reasonably believe you were driving while under the influence. In many cases, if you follow these steps, an Orange County DUI lawyer from the Orange County DUI Attorney Group can get your charges dismissed or negotiate a plea to a lesser charge.
The DMV Hearing
When arrested for a DUI, you will be involved in two proceedings– the criminal aspect of your case and the civil, which only concerns the DMV and the suspension of your driving privileges. You have only 10 days to request a DMV or Per Se hearing to determine if your license should be suspended because your BAC was at least 0.08% and/or you were driving while under the influence. For drivers under 21, your BAC cannot be 0.01% and for commercial drivers, it cannot be 0.04%. our Orange County DUI lawyers from the Orange County DUI Attorney Group can represent you at this hearing and challenge any probable cause assertions to stop and arrest you as well as the results of any breath or blood test.
Defenses to a DUI
You have a number of defenses available to you in a DUI prosecution that our DUI lawyers can present. These include:
- Lack of probable cause to stop or arrest you
- Reasonable explanations for your performance on an FST
- It cannot be proved you were the driver
- If arrested or tested hours after a collision, you were not under the influence or had a BAC of 0.08% at the time you were driving
- Explanations for your appearance or demeanor that do not involve alcohol or drugs
- The breathalyzer results had a false high reading based on any of dozens of conditions that could have interfered with its accuracy
- The machine was not calibrated or serviced properly
- The blood test sample was contaminated based on failure to follow protocol
- Other defenses based on the circumstances of your case
Our Orange County DUI lawyer from the Orange County DUI Attorney Group can get your charges dismissed or negotiate a plea to a lesser charge. Please call TOLL FREE (888) 754-9860.Call a Orange County DUI Lawyer
Call a Orange County DUI Lawyer
If you were arrested for a DUI, call a Orange County DUI lawyer today at (888) 754-9860. The Orange County DUI Attorney Group proudly serving these cities in Orange County: Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Placentia, Orange, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminister, Yorba Linda, Alameda, Coachella, Contra Costa, Criminal, Encino, Los Angeles, Ontario, Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, Temecula, Victorville
Attorney Daniel J KingEducation: UC Berkeley Undergraduate
Southwestern University School of Law
|Years Experience||Happy Clients|