COSTA MESA DUI ATTORNEY
A DUI charge does not mean an automatic conviction. There are numerous defenses that an experienced Costa Mesa DUI attorney can raise. Call a Costa Mesa DUI attorney at (888) 754-9860 for a discussion about your case.
A DUI carries multiple penalties. If convicted, you face:
- Typically 2-days in jail for a first offense but longer if there are aggravating circumstances. The maximum is 6-months for a first offense. There are mandatory minimum jail sentences for subsequent offenses
- Fine of $390, but more if there are aggravating circumstances or you have prior convictions
- License suspension of up to 10-months for first offense and years for subsequent offenses
- Mandatory attendance at DUI classes at your expense
- Probation for 3-5 years
- Possible installation of an ignition interlock system at your expense
- Cancellation of auto insurance and required purchase of SR-1 insurance as condition for return of your license
A DUI conviction has repercussions on other aspects of your life that can last for years. Call a Costa Mesa DUI attorney now.